The National Car Testing Service will reopen NCT test centres on a phased basis from June 8th 2020. 15 centres will open with new protocols in place for social distancing and hygiene in place.
NCT customers with a vehicle test due date prior to 28th March 2020 are to given priority and are being asked to make a booking from June 8th.
The NCT centres that will reopen in the first phase are:
• Cork – Little Island, Cork – Blarney,
• Northpoint 1 & 2, Dublin
• Deansgrange, Dublin,
• Fonthill, Dublin
The NCT service has put detailed protocols in each test centre to reduce the spread of COVID19 and protect both customers and staff. NCT anti-coronavirus measures include:
• Mandatory staff training on COVID 19 safety and hygiene protocols
• Strict hand washing by staff and the use of PPE (personal protective equipment)
• New NCT centre cleaning procedures
• Physical distancing floor markers
• Vehicle Inspection Reports and NCT Certificates) left on the front seat of the customer’s vehicle.
• Customers asked to wait outside the building while the test is being undertaken.
Customers are also being asked to:
• Book and pay online
• Present vehicles in a hygienic state and free of items such as used tissues, gloves and wipes,
• Ventilate their vehicle before NCT
• Attend the NCT centre with just one person per vehicle
Full details and FAQs can be found at www.nct.ie
The reopening is subject to the Government’s approval of the start of phase 2 of the Road Map to ease Covid19 restrictions. The NCT Service intend to open the remaining NCT centres on a phased basis during June and July in line with the Government Roadmap.